Matias Mähönen, M.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Oulu, joined Kolster and the IP sector in 2022.
Prior to joining Kolster and the IP sector, Matias worked during 6 years in investment projects of industry as a method engineer, mechanical engineer and project manager.
Matias thinks that communication, understanding business and technology are key factors for handling IPR issues successfully.
- Patenting process from drafting the patent application to its granting in Finland and internationally
- Oppositions and appeals related to patents
- Novelty and preliminary searches and assessments of freedom to operate
- Expert opinions on the scope of protection of patents
- Patent infringement evaluations
- IP strategy
- Design rights
- Counselling and consulting
- Mechanical engineering
- Industrial engineering
- Consumer goods
- Freight and logistics
- High tech
- Industrial equipment
- Utilities / cleantech