Building good IP partnerships – our mission through the decades
International relations and continuity brand the history of Kolster since 1874. Starting from the early years the business has been truly international. During the first generation, the company established business relations with IP firms, associates and IP authorities in most industrialized countries. Until the mid-1990s, the majority of our clients were foreign companies and IP law firms.
Today, foreign assignments represent ca. 65 % of the revenue, which makes us a reliable and internationally experienced IP and legal partner in Europe. Our long and wide-ranging experience and well-proven processes generate competitiveness in both quality and price.
“We continuously build new – and enrich our existing – relationships with international IP partners,” says Kim Kolster, Chairman of the Board, representing Kolster’s fifth generation.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER & HOW WE COOPERATE WITH OUR PARTNERS
- A full range of intellectual property and legal services providing reliable and high-quality work
- Over 100 IP and legal experts: European patent attorneys, European trademark and design attorneys, lawyers, IP specialists and administrators – one of the most experienced IP expert teams in Europe
- Our patent prosecution expertise gained by making 300-400 first filings, 300 EPO filings, 1 000 national filings, and 2 500 office actions annually. About 2 000 EP patents are validated in Finland through Kolster.
- Our trademark prosecution expertise gained by filing hundreds of applications each year for national, European Union trademark and international trademark registrations; as well as national, Community designs and international design registrations
- Cost-effective management of trademark portfolios
- Our legal expertise in technology transfers, licensing, commercial agreements, transactions, litigation, EU funding for collaborative research and innovation projects (“Horizon 2020”)
- Setting up companies / branch offices entering the European market
- Assisting in marketing law issues
- Our special expertise in China: Kolster China Desk™ services. The Chinese market is a strongly growing business area, in which we operate as an IP partner for European enterprises entering the Chinese markets, and Chinese companies entering the European markets.
- Check our special service for European brand owners: localisation of trademarks and domain names for the Chinese market
- Our special expertise in Russia & CIS: Kolster Russia Desk™ services
- Anti-counterfeiting and brand protection: Kolster Market Watch™
LEARN MORE ABOUT OUR FULL RANGE OF IP AND LEGAL SERVICES
PLEASE CONTACT US FOR A CLOSER COOPERATION:
- Tapio Äkräs, Director, Patents
- Stefan Holmström, Head of ICT & Mechanical Engineering
- Ari Parta, Head of Electrical Engineering
- Joose Kilpimaa, Director, Trademarks
- Sanna Häikiö, Counsel, Legal services
- Kolster China Desk™, Head of Asian Market Jani Kaulo & IP Specialist Zhangping Wu
- Kolster Russia Desk™, Business Development, Russia & CIS, Lidia Tuulas
- Juhana Hietala, Head of Sales and Marketing: cooperation agreements
- Jaana Jalovaara, Sales and Marketing: cooperation agreements & price lists