Why is protection and acquiring immaterial rights worthwhile?
10 GOOD REASONS:
- What is good is copied. When you protect your rights you can defend them.
- The winner establishes his position first. Protection means a spanner thrown in the competitor’s works.
- Protection guarantees the business operations of your company, acts as its security, and convinces financiers.
- It is not worthwhile to reinvent the wheel. You can gather valuable information on the level of technology of your particular field and utilise it in your own product development.
- Protection helps you achieve the leading market position.
- A strong IPR portfolio improves your bargaining position in matters concerning disputes and acquisitions.
- A strong IPR portfolio builds a positive image and brand.
- Protection expedites commercialization and marketing of products.
- The input returns as a profit for your company. The holder of an exclusive right can sell licences.
- An exclusive right is a medium of exchange. You can assign and acquire rights of use (cross licensing).